United Way 2-1-1 information and referral hotline offers information about food, housing, employment, childcare, transportation, health services, senior services and much more.
United Way 2-1-1 exists to help people navigate their way through the multiple health and human services agencies by providing the most adequate resources for the callers situation. Simply dial 2-1-1 from anywhere in Connecticut and you will reach a highly trained call specialist who will assess your needs and provide referals to the resources in your community. United Way 2-1-1 database includes over 48,000 health and human service programs that are continually updated and is availalbe 24 hours a day every day of the year to ensure you get access to the help you need when you need it.
For your convenince United Way 2-1-1 is available online utilizing this link. Search by location, service category, service term, or agency to find the resources you need.
Typical Calls to United Way 2-1-1
- A caller looking for volunteer opportunities.
- A young woman with a disability inquires about available transportation.
- A caller who is depressed, considering suicide and wants help.
- A mother looking for child care and after school activities.
- A caller seeking information about eligibility for Food Stamps.
- A single mother who is worried about the gas shutoff notice she just received.
2-1-1 is accredited by the Alliance of Information and Referral Systems (AIRS) and the American Association of Suicidology (ASS). United Way 2-1-1 call specialists handle over 3,000 suicide-related calls each year and are highly trained in suicide prevention and crisis intervention.