The New London law firm of Faulkner & Graves, P.C. has made a donation of $500.00 to United Way of Southeastern Connecticut’s relief efforts in the wake of Hurricane Sandy. The contribution matches an earlier gift of $500.00 from the Waterford Hotel Group that kicked off the effort.
The firm hopes to “challenge” others to contribute as well, in the form of financial contributions or non-perishable food items, bottled water, clean blankets, batteries, flashlights, and other supplies that are needed during this time.
Shelley L. Graves, Esq. from the firm noted, “As normalcy returns for many of us in the region, it can be easy to lose sight of just how many of our New London County neighbors continue to struggle from the resulting impact of this hurricane. We are a close-knit community and I am sure the response from other people and businesses will be great.”
To assist individuals and families affected by Hurricane Sandy, United Way is seeking donations of shelf-stable, non-perishable food items, flashlights, batteries, bottled water, and clean blankets. There are five local drop-off locations for these contributions:
- The Gemma E. Moran United Way Labor Food Center, 374 Broad Street, New London from 8 a.m. – 6 p.m on weekdays and 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday;
- The Hampton Inn, 300 Long Hill Road, Groton;
- The Residence Inn, 40 Whitehall Avenue, Mystic;
- The Comfort Inn, 48 Whitehall Avenue, Mystic; and
- United Way of Southeastern Connecticut, 283 Stoddards Wharf Road (at the corner of Route 12), Gales Ferry from 8:30 a.m. – 4:30 p.m. on weekdays and 9 a.m. – 1 p.m. Saturday and Sunday.
There are also numerous town locations that have agreed to serve as drop-off and distribution sites. Click here to view that list of towns and locations.
If you would like to make a financial contribution, please click here to contribute securely online.
If you are without power or know someone in need, United Way 2-1-1 has updated continually updated information on shelters & other emergency resources. Just dial 211 or go to www.211ct.org. United Way 2-1-1 is staffed and available 24/7, 365 days a year.