We are currently seeking to fill the position of a Sponsored Marketing and Communications Loaned Employee. This is a temporary, part-time position.
Location: Gales Ferry, CT
Time Commitment: This is a part-time (15-20 hours per week), temporary position.
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Director
Objectives: To support Marketing & Communication efforts of United Way of Southeastern Connecticut that help the organization achieve its mission “to inspire and coordinate the generosity and commitment that sustains a united, thriving community.” To engage employees in the workplace and members of the community in order to educate them about United Way’s work and impact.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Familiarity with social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Pinterest, and LinkedIn
- An understanding of MS Office, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Understand United Way brand and messaging
- Create flyers, invitations, certificates, and other graphic design and desktop publishing tasks in compliance with brand identity guidelines
- Develop social media content
- Write blog for United Way website
- Implement strategies for social media promotion and research new social media ideas and best practices
- Assist with event planning production
- Communication tasks such as proof reading, editing, writing, photo touch-ups, and website updates
- Assist with volunteer engagement projects
- Be energetic, self-motivated, and team-oriented with a strong desire to make a difference in his or her community
- Be entrepreneurial minded—embrace growth opportunities, enjoy learning and welcome new challenges
- Be flexible, organized and detail oriented
Salary: Range is $15-20/hour, depending on candidate’s qualifications.
Interested candidates should submit a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com. No phone calls please.