We're teaming up with the Connecticut Sun basketball team at their final home game of the regular season to help students from all across the community.
Leading up to the game on Sunday, August 17, you're invited to ensure kids go to school with confidence and with the material supplies needed to perform successfully in the classroom. Click here to download a poster you can use to promote your drive.
Run a school supplies drive at your business or organization to collect items that we've heard from teachers are most needed by their students:
- Flash/thumb drives
- Pencils, sharpeners, erasers
- Loose leaf paper
Suggested dates for your drive are between August 11-22. You can bring your collected items to the Sun game on August 17. Special discounted tickets are being offered by the Sun for just $20 (Box Office regular price is $24) with $4 of each ticket sold coming back to United Way. To purchase tickets, click the following link: http://bit.ly/2014CTSUNUWSECTSCHOOLS2014 and use the Special Offer Code: UWSECTSCHOOLS14. More detailed instructions are below for ensuring you get the discounted ticket price.
If you are not planning on attending the game, you may drop off collected school supplies at United Way of Southeastern Connecticut (283 Stoddards Wharf Road in Gales Ferry) on August 22. If you have questions, please contact Sarah at United Way, firstname.lastname@example.org.
Step-by-Step Ordering Process for Tickets:
- Click on 'Find Tickets'
- Fill the Special Offer Code (UWSECTSCHOOLS14), leave email address blank, and click 'Verify'
- Look to far right side 'Create an Account' box and enter your email and click 'Sign up Now'
- Fill out personal info, pick a password, then click 'Continue'
- Select number of tickets and click 'Continue'
- Confirm seat location and click 'Continue'
- Enter billing and payment info, click 'Submit'