Young Leaders United are tomorrow's community leaders and philanthropists. United Way provides the Young Leaders ages 21-40 with the tools to Give, Serve, and Inspire their local community.
OCTOBER OPPORTUNITIES FOR YOUNG LEADERS:
Tuesday October 23: Winter Clothing Drive Sorting- Volunteers Needed: It's getting cold! Help us sort donated winter clothing that our agencies can distribute to people throughout New London County! Sorting will go from 3:30 to 7pm, Click here to sign up
Thursday October 25: United Way Reading Day: Read for the Record: Serve as a United Way Ambassador to local schools and help promote childhood literacy! Click here to sign up
Friday October 26: United Way Agency Bus Tour: From 9am-12pm, join us on a tour of four United Way partner agencies in Norwich! Click here to reserve a spot
Sunday October 28: Meal Packing Day of Caring Set-Up: Help us set up this morning for a service project that benefits the Food Bank! Click here to sign up
OUR COMMUNITY COMMITMENT
We commit ourselves by working together to help alleviate hunger and inspiring youth in our community to reach for a healthier future. This commitment is aligned with education and health, the building blocks for a good life and a strong community. Young Leaders United is passionate and committed to mobilizing young professionals to engage in giving, serving and inspiring meaningful projects where we can make a difference and see the outcomes of our efforts.
The Young Leaders United will strengthen the work of United Way of Southeastern Connecticut, supporting the organization’s goals of:
- Fighting hunger and food insecurity,
- Providing a safety net of services to those in need,
- Supporting education and our community’s schools, and
- Engaging individuals and groups in volunteering
YOUNG LEADERS UNITED BENEFITS AND OPPORTUNITIES
Young Leaders United are provided the opportunity to make an impact in Southeastern Connecticut through the following opportunities:
- Volunteer within the Young Leaders United community commitment.
- Network with a diverse group of young professionals.
- Attend quarterly Lunch with Leaders, where many of our community’s most prominent leaders share their secrets for success and insights about balancing their professional demands with a fulfilling personal life.
- Meet corporate and community leaders as well as other young professionals that will help you grow both professionally and in philanthropy.
- Together, UNITED, we can inspire hope and create opportunities for a better tomorrow.
If you would like to learn more about Young Leaders United, contact Caitlin at firstname.lastname@example.org