Too many families in our community are forced to make a tough decision - pay the bills or put food on the table. In fact, nearly 15% of residents in New London County are food insecure.
United Way is inviting YOU to take action against hunger by supporting our Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Center and raising awareness of hunger-related issues in honor of Hunger Action Month (HAM). Last year, we provided the equivalent of 3.1 million meals to local families facing hunger through the emergency food system and our Mobile Pantry.
Nobody should be forced to choose between food and electricity. Make food a certainty, not a choice.
- Run a food drive (in person or virtually!)
- Take a virtual tour of our Food Center - see the video below!
- Make a donation online or text GEMMA to 41444
- Volunteer at our Food Center warehouse or Mobile Pantry
- Contact Lamar for more information
- Promote healthier food options
- Support local growers, farmers, and producers