United Way’s highest honor, the Chairman’s Award of Excellence, was presented to Mohegan Sun and its Employees.
The company is a Platinum level United Way Corporate Benefactor, runs an employee giving campaign, and makes a corporate gift. Please click here to watch a video that highlights Mohegan Sun's outstanding campaign effort.
Mohegan Sun employees are actively engaged in the community as volunteers working at United Way’s Mobile Food Pantry, serving as Volunteer Readers to students, assisting with the Tommy Toy Fund, running drives to collect coats, food, school supplies, and toiletries for those in need, and serving on the United Way Board of Directors, Young Leaders United, and other committees.
In its 2019-20 United Way Campaign effort, contributions by employees of Mohegan Sun increased by more than 11% over the previous year with participation increasing 23%. Their overall campaign increased 14%. President and General Manager Jeff Hamilton is now in his second year serving as United Way Campaign Co-chair along with Lee-Ann Gomes of Norwich Human Services.
VIDEO HIGHLIGHTS FROM FIVE OF OUR CHAIRMAN'S AWARD WINNERS
COMPLETE LIST OF 2019-20 CHAIRMAN'S AWARD WINNERS
>> Or click here to view an image gallery of the award winners!
- Chairman’s Award of Excellence – Mohegan Sun & Employees
- Community Leader of the Year – General Dynamics - Electric Boat & Electric Boat Employees’ Community Services Association
- Loyal Company of the Year – Charter Oak Federal Credit Union & Employees
- Leadership Giving Campaign of the Year – Applied Physical Sciences & Employees
- School Partner of the Year – Norwich Public Schools & Employees
- Campaign Coordinator of the Year – Cindy Beauregard, Norwich Public Schools
- Agency Campaign Committee of the Year – Madonna Place
- Agency Coordinators of the Year – Melanie White, Martin House and Shannon Taber, UCP of Eastern CT
- Bank of the Year – Chelsea Groton Bank & Employees
- Campaign Committee of the Year – Norwich Public Utilities
- City Partner of the Year – City of Norwich & Employees
- Community Partner of the Year – Denison Pequotsepos Nature Center
- Corporate Sponsor of the Year – Mashantucket Pequot Tribal Nation/Foxwoods Resort Casino & Employees
- Employee Campaign Performance of the Year – NLC Insurance Companies & Employees
- Food Bank Community Engagement Award – Holiday Inn - Norwich
- Food Bank Volunteer of the Year – Ann Collette
- Heart of the Community – Pfizer Inc. & Employees
- Innovation Award – Stop & Shop, People’s Bank, & Employees
- Labor Partnership of the Year – MDA-UAW Local 571, AFL-CIO, Metal Trades Council of New London County, AFL-CIO, and Carpenters Local 1302
- Law Firm of the Year – Faulkner & Graves & Employees
- Live United Award for Inspiration – Brittany Bocian
- Loyal Coordinator of the Year – Mary Hill, City of Groton
- Media Partner of the Year – Full Power Radio
- New Coordinator of the Year – Cindy Stolaronek, NLC Insurance Companies
- Nonprofit Partner of the Year – United Cerebral Palsy of Eastern CT & Employees
- Outstanding Achievement Award – Freeport-McMoRan & Employees
- Retail Partner of the Year – Macy’s & Employees
- School Campaign Committee of the Year – Montville Public Schools
- School Engagement of the Year – Norwich Free Academy & Employees
- Volunteer Partner of the Year – Norwich Public Utilities & Employees
- Volunteer of the Year – Kevin Fusconi
- Youth Engagement Award – Colchester Youth & Family Services