THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to the Healthy Start Food Drive on April 9th!
If you missed it, you can still donate breakfast items using our Virtual Food Drive.
You can also take the Cereal Box Domino Challenge at any time at your organization and have some fun with it. See the instructions below.
Too many kids in our community start the school day on an empty stomach, making it difficult for them to focus and learn. Hunger hurts their grades, health, and happiness. And with summer around the corner and when kids will be out of school, the need will be even greater.
United Way of Southeastern Connecticut is inviting the entire community to join together to donate breakfast items to the Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Center (Food Center). Every donation matters and will help kids go to school ready to learn.
How to take the Cereal Box Domino Challenge:
- Collect boxes of cereal and arrange them domino-style.
- Tip them over and record.
- Check out our video here as an example: https://youtu.be/GdCtWrO2WZE
- Post on social media and tag/mention United Way of Southeastern Connecticut (our handle is @unitedwaysect on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter)
- Donate your collection to the Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Center.