As I continue my work here at United Way, I have realized how important having a strong support system is. I used to believe support only made a difference if it was monetary. However, that is not the case. In fact, there are many ways an individual can support a cause, an operation, an organization, or even a person. Here are my top five ways to easily support United Way of Southeastern Connecticut:
- Connect with us! Whether your social media preference is Twitter, YouTube, or Facebook, we will meet you there. We love using social media to post pictures of events, tweet about our community, and shout out all of the good work going on throughout the community. We love to engage in conversations and hear any and all feedback from our friends in the community. Support us by subscribing, retweeting, and liking!
- Talk about us! – Help support us by talking about us. It is that simple. The more you tell your coworkers, friends, and family about our programs, partner agencies and events, the more support we gain.
- Volunteer with us! - From participating in a Day of Caring volunteer project to collecting school supplies for a school supply drive, volunteers are always needed. Show your support by signing up for a volunteering activity through us today. Our projects vary from office support to meal packaging to gardening. Volunteering is a great way to get to know United Way of Southeastern Connecticut in a day.
- Subscribe to us! - By texting keyword ‘UWNEWS’ to 51555, you will be able to stay up-to-date on all of our events, activities, and volunteer opportunities! You will receive up to 4 text messages from up each month! Let us do the work for you and give you the information you need.
- Lastly, run a campaign! – Running a workplace campaign at your business or organization is an important way to support us. You can support education, provide a safety net to those in need, fight hunger, or even join our community investments efforts through your campaign!