United Way of Southeastern Connecticut is pleased to announce a round of capacity building grants to several United Way Partner Programs to increase their effectiveness.
This funding opportunity was designed to assist Partners to improve ratings for Partner Programs during the Allocations process, and, ultimately, improve program effectiveness and outcomes for their program participants. United Way Allocations volunteers review Partner Programs and Agencies based on needs, efficiency, and outcomes using a standardized rating tool.
Funds could have been used internally or to work with outside consultants. The Volunteer Grant Review Team approved the following grants:
- Catholic Charities, Diocese of Norwich to update electronic health record system ($2,720)
- The Center: A Drop-in Community Learning and Resource Center, Inc. for website development ($2,000)
- Child & Family Agency for video equipment ($2,500)
- Madonna Place to assist with their strategic planning process ($3,000)
- Martin House to update their phone system ($3,000)
- Riverfront Children's Center and Safe Futures for donor recruitment and retention project ($5,570)
- Thames River Community Service, Inc. for fire safety equipment ($2,413)
- VNA of Southeastern Connecticut for health outreach to minority populations ($1,797)