We're thrilled to announce the winner of the United We CAN food drive and sculpture contest is ... the City of Groton! The City of Groton had a super-creative concept behind their sculpture, which helped them earn this honor.
It depicts The Fort Griswold Monument, which is located in the City of Groton, and the mural in their Municipal Building lobby, behind the sculpture, is of the Battle at Fort Griswold. What a great idea behind the sculpture! Thank you to all of our participants, and look for the contest to be held again next year. Most of all, thank you to everyone for Living United and helping to fight hunger and food insecurity in our community.
United We CAN Details - Stay tuned for more details about the contest in 2021!
Host a food drive and build a sculpture from non-perishable food & household items. Prizes will be awarded in several categories. Canned items are most needed right now including vegetables, fruit, tuna, soups, and stews. We recommend limiting your collection to a few items that lend themselves to the sculpture you choose to build (remember that the color of your canned goods’ packaging will help in your theme!).
- For inspiration or ideas check out pictures on in the photo gallery below or Google “canned food sculpture.”
- You may build any kind of sculpture. It can be as simple as your logo or as complicated as you wish.
- You may use other props or supporting materials, but your sculpture must be comprised of at least 50% non-perishable food or household goods. You may use things like cardboard, plywood, tagboard, etc.
- Food items cannot be painted, taped or otherwise altered in a way that makes them unsuitable for donation.
- All participants must sumbit a photo of their sculpture.
- Participants can also send a description of the sculpture to explain the theme or other details for award consideration.
- NOTE: After photos have been submitted, cans can be delivered to the Food Bank or call Rebecca Reutlinger at 860.464.3318 to arrange for pick-up.
- We know you’re not doing this for the glory, but this is hard work! We’ll celebrate with a few awards.
- Awards will be announced on October 30, 2020 on social media and our website.
- NOTE: Organizations are eligible for only one award (with the exception of Community Choice Award).
All participants must be pre-registered to be eligible to submit a sculpture photo.
Questions: Contact Rebecca at email@example.com.