Donor Engagement Specialist
United Way of Southeastern Connecticut is currently seeking two Donor Engagement Specialists. Cover letter and resume should be submitted to email@example.com. No phone calls please.
The Donor Engagement Specialist will promote United Way of Southeastern Connecticut, its mission and services, to gain support and create a positive public image. The Specialist will create and execute fund development strategies. Coordinate and manage/support volunteers with fundraising and engagement projects.
- Identify, cultivate financial contributor sources and secure funding support from existing partners
- Generate new funding sources / partners
- Assist with special events or promotions
- Other duties as assigned
- Integrity and respect for all, customer service, communication, teamwork, planning and organizing.
- Specific Experience/Skills/Abilities:
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- Public speaking skills
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking skills
- Familiar with fundraising software and/or database systems
- Self-starter in a fast-paced environment, flexible, organized and detail oriented
- Articulate, friendly, and have strong interpersonal skills
- Energetic, self-motivated, and team-oriented with a strong desire to make a difference in the community
- A bachelor degree in marketing, communications, fundraising or a related field is preferred; or experience in a related field
- An understanding of MS Office, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Must have valid driver's license and automotive insurance and a reliable car. Must regularly provide the agency with proof of valid automotive insurance.
- Basic Social Media knowledge
- Must be able to perform physical requirements of the position including but not limited to: standing, stair climbing, stooping/bending; lift/carry up to 20 pounds and walking
- Participate in cross-functional activities in support of organizational goals. Perform other duties as required
This is a salaried, union position with negotiated benefits under the current bargaining agreement.