Sponsored Marketing & Communications Loaned Employee
Location: Gales Ferry, CT
Time Commitment: The assignment is part-time (15-20 hours per week), temporary position.
Reports to: Marketing & Communications Director
Objective: To support Marketing & Communication efforts of United Way of Southeastern Connecticut to help provide people in need in New London County with the building blocks for a good quality of life and to advance the common good for all. To engage employees in the workplace and members of the community in order to educate them about United Way’s work and impact.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- A basic understanding/familiarity with social media platforms
- An understanding of MS Office, particularly Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, and Excel
- Working knowledge of Adobe InDesign
- Understand United Way brand and messaging
- Create flyers, invitations, certificates, and other graphic design and desktop publishing tasks in compliance with brand identity guidelines
- Develop social media content
- Write blog for United Way website
- Implement strategies for social media promotion and research new social media ideas and best practices
- Assist with event planning production
- Communication tasks such as proof reading, editing, writing, photo touch-ups, and website updates
- Assist with volunteer engagement projects
- Be energetic, self-motivated, and team-oriented with a strong desire to make a difference in his or her community
- Be entrepreneurial minded—embrace growth opportunities, enjoy learning and welcome new challenges
- Be flexible, organized and detail oriented
Salary: Range is $15-20/hour, depending on candidate’s qualifications.
No phone calls please.
United Way of Southeastern Connecticut is an Equal Opportunity employer.
This position is made possible through a generous sponsorship from our friends at Mohegan Sun.