- About Us
- Community Investment
- Food Center
- AFL-CIO Community Service
Union Counseling Program
AFL-CIO Union Community Action Network (UCAN)
Class of 2012
The 2013 class is filling up now.
Click here to learn more and how to register.
The Southeastern Connecticut Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO and United Way team up to sponsor Union Community Action Network Training - UCAN. As part of this four-session program, labor volunteers are trained on the information and skills needed to refer co-workers, family members and neighbors to existing social services.
Highlights of this valuable training include:
- Developing a stronger Union referral link
- Learning about United Way's network of community agencies
- Forming alliances that strengthen the labor movement
- Understanding the power of community involvement
- Building a more caring community!
UCAN Have a Hand in Helping so Many Lives
- UCAN help working families by changing the economic environment and building power for workers.
- UCAN help build a strong political voice for working families.
- UCAN help each other through community resources.
- UCAN help build a strong labor movement.
- UCAN be the "voice" at your workplace and community to help working families.
- UCAN do all this and more because you are a UNION COMMUNITY ACTIVIST.