NOTICE TO COMMUNITY AS OF 3/29/2020
In an effort to fulfill the current need in our community in a safe and efficient manner, the Food Bank is looking for temporary partners to help us meet the needs and distribute in remote, onsite locations where further services are needed. We are committed to continue to serve our neighbors amidst the COVID-19 pandemic, with safety and well being of our clients and volunteers in mind. To apply for temporary membership status, organizations must meet the following requirements:
- Be a Non-Profit Organization with a valid 501(C ) 3 tax-exempt certificate or local municipality.
- Have an existing emergency food pantry or community meal site.
- Be based in New London County with all food being distributed within the New London County area.
- Provide food or meals to the public at least once a month.
- Not charge for food nor be reimbursed, compensated, or required services in exchange for food.
- Be registered with 2-1-1. To register visit www.211ct.org.
- Be in existence for a minimum of 6 months.
To apply for temporary Member Agency status, please click here to complete an online form. Please direct questions about the application process to Jennifer, Member Services Manager, at email@example.com or 860.464.3327.
The Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Bank is an official Partner Distribution Organization (PDO) of the Connecticut Food Bank. It is a requirement of the United States Department of Agriculture (USDA) Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) that all recipients of their commodities and/or funding comply with and enforce the prohibition against discrimination in all FNS nutrition programs and activities, whether federally funded in whole or not.
Member Feeding Site Resources:
- FNS Non-Discrimination Statement
- Publicity Guidelines for United Way Partners
- Calendar of Meetings, Classes, and Closings
- Refrigerator/Freezer Weekly Temperature Log Form
Civil Rights Documents:
All partner agencies of the Food Bank need to display the "And Justice for All" poster where individuals visiting the program can see it. Posted posters must be 11" x 17" and up to date. It is not acceptable to post an 8.5" x 11" copy of the poster. In addition, annual re-trainings of the Civil Rights procedure must be done, and recorded.
If you have questions regarding the Civil Rights requirements or the information in the manual, please go to the USDA's Civil Rights page: https://www.fns.usda.gov/.
- 2020 TEFAP Civil Rights Trainings
- Civil Rights Documentation of Training Form 2020
- 11" x 17" Poster "Justice for All"
- Documentation of TEFAP Civil Rights Training Form
- Referral Request Form
- Religious organizations beneficiary rights poster:
Food Safety Materials:
Food Bank members must have at least one member of their program ServSafe Certified. Please check the following tabs from our local health departments regarding how to obtain the appropriate certification based on your program type.
- Ledge Light Health District Food Service Regulations
- Qualified Food Operator Certification
- ServSafe brochure
- Community Accessible Food Service Education (CAFE) Program
- Food Service Application
- Guideline for Classifying Food Service Establishments
- Temporary Event Informational Packet
- Food Safety Training for Pantries
Agency Statistics Forms:
CTNAP Eligibility Forms:
- Soup Kitchen Sign In for CTNAP 2020
- CTNAP Demographics English 2020
- CTNAP Demographics Spanish 2020
- CTNAP Program 2014-15 (Review of new policies, guidelines & resources slide show)
2020 TEFAP FORMS - NEW!!!
The USDA has approved the TEFAP plan amendment which allows Connecticut to implement verbal confirmation of TEFAP eligibility. DSS has created a one page document (attached) which must be provided to all TEFAP participants. This form provides the income eligibility guidelines, the USDA non-discrimination statement and participant rights and responsibilities. DSS has also created the attached participant log for use by food pantries. In an effort to maintain social distancing, the participant log should be kept by one staff/volunteer and each section should be completed for every TEFAP recipient who verbally confirms eligibility.
TEFAP verbal confirmation can be implemented immediately.
- FY2020 REFAP CR Training
- TEFAP Participation Log 2020
- TEFAP Verbal Attestation 2020 (English)
- TEFAP Verbal Attestation 2020 (Spanish)
Many thanks to the following funders for their grant support of the Gemma E. Moran United Way/Labor Food Bank and the Mobile Food Pantry program:
Chamber of Commerce of Eastern Connecticut, Charter Oak Federal Credit Union, Chelsea Groton Bank, Citizens Bank, City of New London, Community Foundation of Eastern Connecticut, Connecticut Food Bank, Dime Bank, Frank Loomis Palmer Fund, Jewett City Savings Bank, Liberty Bank Foundation, New London Telephone Employees CSF, Pfizer Connecticut Labs, ShopRite, the Rotary Club of Mystic, Webster Bank, and Wells Fargo.