Resource Development Specialists (two)
The Resource Development Specialist will support fundraising efforts for the annual workplace and fundraising campaigns by leading the strategy and implementation of our Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software. The role will contribute to the team through a variety of administrative tasks and assist with fundraising activities including coordinating volunteers and special events, conducting campaign solicitations, and managing direct mail programs. The Specialist will generate data reports to assist with fundraising and decision making. The ideal candidate is dedicated to supporting our mission to inspire and coordinate the generosity and commitment that sustains a united, thriving community.
- Act as the organizational CRM Champion to ensure the database meets the needs of the fundraising team by leading the implementation of best practices in database development, report creation, campaign training and documentation.
- Create enterprise standards, policies, procedures and work instructions for the CRM.
- Ensure appropriate process are followed and oversee the list pulls for events, invitations, emails, and donor updates from the database.
- Work across departments to lead small teams to ensure CRM is being utilized in the most efficient way and develop regular database training sessions for employees.
- Build systems for periodic review of data integrity and implement methods to clean-up data when needed.
- Assist with gift data entry when necessary and coordinate procedures with the finance department to ensure smooth data usage across departments.
- Support fundraising efforts to implement annual workplace giving campaign donations by conducting solicitations, coordinating volunteers, assisting with special events, working with affinity groups, and donor communications activities.
- Generate fundraising metric reports and analyze trends that will drive campaign strategy.
- Oversee the donor acknowledgement and thank you letter process.
- Manage the electronic-web based workplace campaign pledging application.
- Coordinate direct mail appeals and electronic solicitation materials.
- Provide excellent customer service to support key volunteers and donors.
- Develop donor relationships that enhance year-round interaction with United Way of Southeastern Connecticut.
No previous fundraising or non-profit experience required; merely a drive and willingness to jump in and learn! We are looking for an individual with an ability to master new technology quickly; has an inclination for data management systems; excellent ability to prioritize, organize, and manage multiple tasks simultaneously; possesses strong communication skills; and can work independently and collaboratively while adapting to changing priorities. Skills in relationship building, donor solicitation or communications is also highly desired.
This is an exempt union position. We offer a competitive salary commensurate with experience and qualifications along with a generous benefits package. United Way is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace.
Interested candidates should submit a resume and cover letter by January 21, 2021 via email to: firstname.lastname@example.org