Grant Compliance Associate (Part-Time)
Under the supervision of the Vice President of Community Impact this position will provide grant and contract administrative support in the Community Impact Department at United Way of Southeastern Connecticut (UWSECT). Two primary focuses will be financial review of agency submissions and grant compliance. Weekly financial assistance requests are submitted by contracted agencies for homelessness client support. The Associate will review these requests against funding standards, gather documentation from the vendor, and coordinate with the Finance Department to issue payments.
For compliance tasks, this position will assist with data and documentation requirements for multiple homelessness grants at the local and state level that are administered by United Way; communicate with separate, non-profit agencies to meet monthly and quarterly financial and data reporting requirements, collate data, thoroughly review financial documents, request corrections, and submit to the appropriate Community Impact Director in a timely fashion.
This position will be responsible in supporting reports and compliance needs for 3 significant state-funded grants supporting homelessness; rapid-rehousing and shelter diversion financial assistance, admin and staff funds, and other operational support.
Additional duties will include data management and reporting for United Way grants, duties integral to outcome measurement in Community Impact, and other functions related to UWSECT community impact work.
SCHEDULE AND COMPENSATION
• This is a part-time position. $14-17 / hour based on experience and qualifications
• Anticipating 12-20 hours a week on a flexible schedule.
QUALIFICATIONS, EDUCATION, AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS:
• High School Diploma or GED. Secondary Education certificate or degree preferred.
• At least 1-year of experience in financial and/or performance data management, preferably in non-profits.
• Skilled in use of MS Office products, in particular Excel.
• Ability to complete business and financial math problems; addition, percentages, etc.
• This position may not have a direct connection to an agency that is funded by grants or UWSECT funds that this role provides support to; employee, volunteer, board member, participant.
To apply, interested candidates should email a cover letter and resume to: Dina Sears-Graves, Vice President of Community Impact at firstname.lastname@example.org.
United Way of Southeastern Connecticut is an Equal Opportunity Employer.