AFL-CIO Union Community Action Network (UCAN)
Class of 2019
The Southeastern Connecticut Central Labor Council, AFL-CIO and United Way team up to sponsor Union Community Action Network Training - UCAN. As part of this four-session program, labor volunteers are trained on the information and skills needed to refer co-workers, family members and neighbors to existing social services.
Highlights of this valuable training include:
- Developing a stronger Union referral link
- Learning about United Way's network of community agencies
- Forming alliances that strengthen the labor movement
- Understanding the power of community involvement
- Building a more caring community!
UCAN Have a Hand in Helping so Many Lives
- UCAN help working families by changing the economic environment and building power for workers.
- UCAN help build a strong political voice for working families.
- UCAN help each other through community resources.
- UCAN help build a strong labor movement.
- UCAN be the "voice" at your workplace and community to help working families.
- UCAN do all this and more because you are a UNION COMMUNITY ACTIVIST.
For more information about the next class, contact Maggie Marley, Community Engagement Labor Liaison, at firstname.lastname@example.org.