#GivingTuesday has come and gone for 2020. THANK YOU to everyone who contributed to this worldwide movement. There is still time to make your end-of-year gift to United Way and help make a difference right here at home in Southeastern Connecticut:
- Set up a fundraiser on our Facebook page to support us. Use this link to get started: https://www.facebook.com/fund/unitedwaysect/.
- Make a donation through our Facebook page @unitedwaysect OR https://www.facebook.com/unitedwaysect/ (click the Donate button towards the top of our page, to the lower right of the cover photo).
- Donate online through our website.
- Donate through our Instagram account @unitedwaysect.
- You can also fundraise on our behalf on Instagram now by creating a story and adding a donation sticker.
- Donate food to our Food Center through our convenient Virtual Food Drive.
- You can help in advance by using the Amazon Smile program when you shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Shop at smile.amazon.com and they will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to your charity of choice - be sure to selecte United Way of Southeastern Connecticut and use the special portal above to select your charity and start shopping. Hint: Bookmark this portal to be sure that each time you visit Amazon it automatically goes to Smile and benefits United Way.
GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and their world. GivingTuesday will kick off the generosity season this year by inspiring people to give back on December 1, 2020, and throughout the year.
GivingTuesday was launched in 2012 as a simple idea: to create a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past nine years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
We need each other more than ever! As we are in the holiday season, consider a donation to United Way of Southeastern Connecticut on GivingTuesday to ensure the pandemic and other community conditions don’t further deepen the burden on those in need. When you partner with United Way, you’re helping families right here in our community. Your donation stays local, providing a safety net of services to those in need. With one gift, you can help so many people and causes in New London County.
Throughout the current pandemic and economic climate, United Way is evolving to best meet the growing needs of the community and our partners. This moment in time reveals how we all can be affected when the safety net is tested, this also reinforces that we must stand together to ensure no one falls through it.
Your donation supports a vital network of local health and human services, programs, and initiatives. Supported programs include early care and education, child development, employment training, physical and mental health care, crisis intervention, shelter, emergency/disaster preparation, financial stability, food distribution, response and recovery services.
Beyond donations, people demonstrate generosity in many ways on GivingTuesday. Whether it’s helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, every act of generosity counts. GivingTuesday has raised billions of dollars for critical causes around the world and gets 21 billion impressions on social media from people and organizations speaking up for the causes that matter to them and encouraging others to get involved in their communities.
"GivingTuesday inspires people all around the world to embrace their power to drive progress around the causes they care about, not just on one day but throughout the year." said Asha Curran, GivingTuesday’s CEO, and co-founder. "With country and community leaders, millions of organizations, and countless givers of all kinds, GivingTuesday is creating a shared space where we can see the radical implications of a more generous world."