It's #GivingTuesday all month long! #GivingTuesday is a global generosity movement, unleashing the power of people and organizations to transform their communities and their world. The official day is November 30, 2021 but you don't have to wait until then to make a difference.
This year, our #GivingTuesday campaign will support Thriving Children, one of our key impact areas. We've invested more than $500,000 to help children enter school ready to learn and be successful in primary school. Here's what your contribution can help accomplish through our partner programs:
- 6,109 children and youth served
- 4,469 youth participated in out-of-school programs, receiving individualized support
- 96.9% of youth served graduated high school on time
- 93% of children (0-5) served achieved developmental milestones
- 90.2% of youth served earned passing grades in core subject areas
Here's what you can do right now to help:
- Text keyword UWGive2021 to 41444.
- Donate online through our website.
- Set up a fundraiser on our Facebook page to support us. Use this link to get started: https://www.facebook.com/fund/unitedwaysect/.
- Make a donation through our Facebook page @unitedwaysect OR https://www.facebook.com/unitedwaysect/ (click the Donate button towards the top of our page, to the lower right of the cover photo).
- Donate through our Instagram account @unitedwaysect.
- You can also fundraise on our behalf on Instagram now by creating a story and adding a donation sticker.
- Donate food to our Food Center through our convenient Virtual Food Drive.
- Take an UNselfie! Download our templates for #GivingTuesday and write (with a thick pen) why you give or volunteer with United Way. See our Board Chair Bill Louis from the MDA-UAW Local 571 at right with his UNselfie:
- You can help in advance by using the Amazon Smile program when you shop on Black Friday and Cyber Monday. Shop at smile.amazon.com and they will donate 0.5% of eligible purchases to your charity of choice - be sure to select United Way of Southeastern Connecticut and use the special portal to select your charity and start shopping. Hint: Bookmark this portal to be sure that each time you visit Amazon it automatically goes to Smile and benefits United Way.
- You can also open the app on your phone and find ’Settings’ in the main menu (☰). Tap on ‘AmazonSmile' and follow the on-screen instructions.
HEAR MORE ABOUT OUR WORK TO HELP CHILDREN THRIVE, THANKS TO YOUR DONATIONS!
#GivingTuesday was launched in 2012 as a simple idea: to create a day that encourages people to do good. Over the past ten years, this idea has grown into a global movement that inspires hundreds of millions of people to give, collaborate, and celebrate generosity.
Beyond donations, people demonstrate generosity in many ways on #GivingTuesday. Whether it’s helping a neighbor or stranger out, showing up for an issue or people we care about, every act of generosity counts. #GivingTuesday has raised billions of dollars for critical causes around the world and gets 21 billion impressions on social media from people and organizations speaking up for the causes that matter to them and encouraging others to get involved in their communities.